Troubleshoot, Setup and Install - 123.hp.com/ojg85xi
- HP Officeje g85xi printers are all in one printer performs scan, copy and print with unique result.
- This machine has smart feature such as wireless connectivity and support mobile technology such as ePrint, airprint and Mopria mobile print service.
- The printer is compatible for home and also office personnel.
- Learn the printer installation and setup process from 123.hp.com/ojg85xi or
HP Officejet g85xi printer setup guide
- First set the box in one side to take the printer 123.hp.com/setup g85xi out of the box safely.
- Now pull out the printer and remove any plastic cover around it. Then remove the Styrofoam on the both corners.
- Then remove the tape from the top and the backside of the printer. Clear stickers and packing materials from the printer.
- Now open the scanner lid you can see a packing sheet and tape remove them and close the scanner lid.
- Next open the ink cartridge access lid and remove tape and packing sheet which is inside the printer and close the ink cartridge access lid.
- In front of the printer there is a output tray take it out then pull out the main paper tray. Remove all packing materials and tape from the photo tray and push in the photo tray
- Then inside the paper tray you can see a paper width adjuster you can adjust it for your convenience and slide in the paper tray.
- Next Place the output tray back into the printer and push it inside gently until the tray gets lock into its place.Separate the hardware materials from the recyclable materials in the carton
- Now take out the power cord and plug in one end to the wall outlet and other end to the HP Officejet g85xi printer, Then power on the printer, it takes same time to initialize.
- After initializing choose the language, country, time and date and touch ok to finish the setup process of 123.hp.com/oj g85xi printer.
- Contact the HP manufacturer or visit 123.hp.com/ojg85xi or 123.hp.com/setup g85xi for more information on device setup and installation process.
Paper loading and ink cartridge installation
Once the printer is setup finished the printer displays install ink cartridge message in the printer control display. Now then take out the ink cartridge from its package. There is black and tri color ink cartridge. Now peel off the orange tab from the cartridges. Then lift the scanner lid to access the ink access area push the cartridge in upward side in the respective slots and close the cartridge access door.
After HP Officejet g85xi printer ink cartridge installation the printer prompts to load the paper. Open the input tray push the photo tray inside and pull the paper width guides to its side. Now place a stack of fresh paper in the paper input tray and adjust the paper width guides gently don’t bend the paper. Don’t push the paper width guide it will cause the paper to crumble.
Then after finishing all adjustment, touch done on the printers display. Download the software and driver to scan, print and fax setup for HP Officejet g85xi printer from 123.hp.com/ojg85xi.Once touching done an alignment page prints it take a few moment to print the page. The alignment page improve the print quality of the printer.
123.hp.com/ojg85xi - Setup Device Drivers
To begin with printer scanning copying printing and other wireless functions download the latest and updated device driver and software from 123.hp.com/ojg85xi .For network related issues.
- First connect the printer and the computer in a same network. The in the computer open the browser and enter 123.hp.com/ojg85xi or 123.hp.com/setup g85xi.
- Then from the open window click support and click software and drivers from the menu. In the following page enter the product name and product number you also enter serial number instead of product number and click find.
- Next window you can change the operating system and the details related to the software and drivers .In 123.hp.com/setup g85xi after checking the details click download.
- TheHP Download and Install Assistant window prompts with the details of download folder in the computer and now click close.
- Then click the .exe file of the software package the package begins to extract and install. Follow the on screen instruction and enable the check box to accept the terms and policies.
- Now the Fax Setup Wizard window opens enter all the details and click next. Alignment finished screen prompts and click continue.
- After that in the following page register your HP printer. Enter your name and email address to create an account.
- Next “Congratulations! Setup is complete “message displays. On viewing the message click finish.Then “Setup complete!” message prompts.
Driver and Reference Manual download for HP OFFICEJET g85xi
HP OFFICEJET g85xi Printer Windows Setup
• First you may use the installation CD that comes with your Printer for download and installation of driver software.
• Then if you wish to get the latest driver software, then you go to HP official website for driver download.
• Next make sure you confirm once the compatibility of the driver prior to the driver download.
Then to assist the download and installation of correct Printer driver, you can use the guides given out on this website.
Mac Setup for HP OFFICEJET g85xi Printer
• First you must download the .dmg file type for Mac OS.
•Then you can download the Printer driver and install that driver on your Mac device.
•Once you finish the installation process, make the print of your test document.
Print from mobile using ePrint
- The ePrint is a secure printing app for android which can print webpage, email and photos.On the printer display click HP ePrint icon and press Setup icon.
- First enable the web service on the 123.hp.com/ojg85xi printer to print with ePrint application.
- Then know the printers email address by touching the print info icon on the display.
- If the email address doesn’t display print info page to find the email address.
- Then to print from the mobile device tap the share icon and choose email option and enter the printers email address and touch send.
- Similarly to print email open the email that need to print and tap forward enter the printers email address and click send.
123.hp.com/ojg85xi - Mopria Print Service
Basic requirements for Mopria are the android OS must 4.0 or later.Connect the 123.hp.com/setup g85xi printer and the computer in the same network as the printer. The router must be within the range since wider the distance weaker the signals. Download the Mopria plug in from the Google Play Store. Tap “tap to enable” notification from the notification dashboard.
Now in the following screen touch “Mopria Print Service” and tap ON.Mopria print plugin service prints Photos, documents, webpages and emails. Then open the item to print a preview displays and select the HP Officejet g85xi printer namefrom the list. Then to print over Wi-Fi choose DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] if it is over network HP [your printer model name]and click print icon
To add HP Officejet g85xi manually
- In the android device open the document or photo that you want to print. Then touch menu icon and tap print a print preview screen prompts.
- Then touch the down arrow and touch All printersand click plus sign now tap Mopria Print Service.
- Next choose Add Printer there enter the printers IP address of your HP Officejet g85xi printer.
- Done with manual connection of Mopria print service. Finally clarify Mopria Print Service issue and get more information from 123.hp.com/ojg85xi .
Amazon Fire Device printing setup
- Initially fulfill all the requirements such as amazon fire device with OS 5.0 to 5.9.
- Then make sure the 123.hp.com/ojg85xi printer and the mobile device connected with the same active network.
- Now open the item that needs to print and tap menu icon and click print.
- Amazon Fire Device prints the documents, photos, emails and webpages.
- After tapping down arrow the printers available on the network lists, choose the printer name from the list.
- Choose DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name]from the list to print over the network and choose HP [your printer model name]to print over Wi-Fi direct.
- Then tap down arrow to change the print settings and the paper settings related to the paper loaded in the HP Officejet g85xi printer.
Finally tap print icon to print from Amazon Fire Device to HP Officejet g85xi printer
Guide to Solve No Color Print Issue
Initially check the ink cartridge level, if it is low replace it with a new one. Then reset the printer to the default settings.
To set default settings in HP 123.hp.com/ojg85xi
- In the control panel touch the wireless icon and touch settings in there touch Restore network defaults or restore network settings.
- Restoring the default settings of the HP Officejet g85xi printer finished. Now print the quality diagnostic report for further clarifications.
Print quality diagnostic report
- Try printing a quality diagnostic report to debug any issue. For that load the printer with a fresh stack of paper.
- Then on the printer control panel swipe left on the display you can find a setup icon. Touch the setup icon and touch tools.
- Now swipe upward the display and touch print quality report now a report paper prints.
- If the report contains smeared and unaligned line patterns clear the ink cartridges and carriage follow the steps to resolve the issue.
Finally No error in the report and still quality issues find the related solutions in 123.hp.com/ojg85xi
Print quality solutions
- Always turn off the HP Officejet g85xi printer using power button since directly switching off may create air accumulation in the cartridges.
- First remove the ink cartridge one after the other and reinsert the cartridges immediately to avoid any print head damage or any cartridge error.
- Don’t keep the ink cartridge open in air for long time it can cause the ink to get dry.
- Now hold the cartridge by its sideand clean the cartridge’s slot,copper contacts,ink nozzle and print heads using clean soft cloths with distilled water.
Now try printing a quality report and examine the results. If the issue persists visit 123.hp.com/ojg85xi for further solutions or contact HP service for quick response
123hp.com/ojg85xi is a third party service and have no tie up with HP products and services. The information related to the HP printer, images and information shared in this website are only for the information purpose. From this website get troubleshooting, setup and software installing information. Having any queries with warranty or trading contact the HP manufacturer