123.hp.com/envy5010 - Configurations and settings for HP envy 5010
Highlights of HP Envy 5010
The HP envy 5010 is a thermal inkjet printer. The printers office machine features include HP auto wireless connect, scan to email, scan to folder and scan to SD card. The printer support mobile printing technology such as AirPrint, ePrint, Wireless direct printing and Mopria print service. The queries and details related to troubleshoot any issues with the HP envy 5010 solved by visiting 123.hp.com/envy5010 .
The printer has Automatic Document Feeder and supports ink Palette colors such as pigment black, yellow, cyan and magenta. The printer supports fax features like fax forwarding, automatic redialing, color faxing, automatic reduction of incoming faxes and also filter the junk fax.
- Initially open the box that contains the printer by removing the tape. There will be a bag that contains a start here guide and other reference materials.
- Next there will be black and tri-color number 63 cartridges. And a power cord for connecting the printer to the power sources.
- Afterward remove any plastic cover around the printer and set the box in side to take the printer out of the box.
- Then carefully pullout the printer 123.hp.com/envy5010 and remove the Styrofoam and cover. Once your printer is out of the cover remove all the packing materials. Remove the tape from the top and the backside of the printer.
- Next remove the tape from the input tray in the front of the printer. Open the input tray and remove the piece of tape inside of it.
- Inside the input tray you can see a paper width adjuster you can adjust it for your convenience and slide in the tray. Then open the scanner top lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet and close the scanner lid.
- Now open the top cover and remove that piece cardboard Use that cardboard for recycling purpose.
Finally the printer setup is over. Check 123.hp.com/envy5010 or 123.hp.com/setup 5010 the printer is properly setup
Initializing HP Envy 5010
- First takeout the power cord that came with the printer and connect one end to the printer and other to the wall outlet directly.
- The HP Envy 5010 printerconnects to the outlet using power strip also but the connecting directly prevents power fluctuations.
- Now press the power button to start the 123.hp.com/envy5010 printer.The printer starts initializing.
- Then set the language and press continue similarly set country, date, month and time.
123.hp.com/envy5010 - Ink cartridge setup
- Initially open the ink cartridge access door by lifting door under the small handles present in its sides.
- Then remove the ink cartridges from its package. Pluck out the orange tab and make sure not to touch the copper contacts and the ink nozzle since it may result in serious damage to the ink flow and smear in paper along with poor print quality.
- Push the cartridge into its appropriate slot until it snaps into its place. Now close the ink cartridge access door. Then load paper in the input tray and follow the instruction prompted on the printer display.
- After these steps the printer calibrates and printsthe alignment page which improves the printing features of the printer.
Wireless Setup for Windows
Wireless Setup for macOS
- The basic rule for wireless configuration is the computer, router and the printer must share the common wireless network and the router shouldn’t have a static IP address.
- Then know the network name and network password. The printer and the computer should near to each other and the router also has to be in range to avoid network issues.
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cables plugged in to the printer or the computer.
- Touch the wireless icon in the printer display. Now touch settings icon then wireless setting then wireless set up wizard.
- In the following screen the list of network name displays. Choose your network name from the list. If not listed enter your network name manually the field is case sensitive.
- Now the printer connects to the wireless network is not print the Network Test Report using the report debug the error.
Download the printer driver and software necessities from 123.hp.com/envy5010 or 123.hp.com/setup 5010
- First keep the HP Envy 5010 and the computer near to the router. Make sure both the printer and the computer are connected to the same local network and the router must not have a static IP address.
- Next know the network name (SSID) and the network password. Remove any USB cable connected to the printer.
- Turn On the 123.hp.com/envy5010 printer and press the wireless icon. Then touch settings and wireless settings and then wireless setup wizard.
- The printer lists the available network name choose from the below or enter the network name manually.
- Learn the printer driver download and installation along with trouble shooting issue from 123.hp.com/setup 5010.
123.hp.com/envy5010 - Driver installation
- First download the HP support assistant from hp.com. Then go to 123.hp.com/envy5010 for software installation and driver download for of HP Envy 5010.
- Now choose PC from the list of printer and desktop.
- Then enter your printer name and printer model number of your printer in the search box and download the software and drivers.
- View and download the information of the driver and software for the HP Envy 5010 printer.
When the download finish, open the file the software extract and install. Follow the on screen guidelines to finish the process of installation
123.hp.com/envy5010 - Driver and Reference Manual download
HP Envy5010 Printer Windows Setup
• First you may use the installation CD that comes with your Printer for download and installation of driver software.
• Then if you wish to get the latest driver software, then you go to HP official website for driver download.
• Next make sure you confirm once the compatibility of the driver prior to the driver download.
Then to assist the download and installation of correct Printer driver, you can use the guides given out on this website.
Mac Setup for HP Envy5010 Printer
• First you must download the .dmg file type for Mac OS.
•Then you can download the Printer driver and install that driver on your Mac device.
•Once you finish the installation process, make the print of your test document.
123.hp.com/envy5010 - Faxing Setup
Initially plugin the power cord to the outlet and the printer. Then power ON and wait for it to be in the ready mode. Connect the phone cord into phone jack and to the DSL filter. Now remove the plastic in the telephone port connect a telephone cord from the answering machine into the telephone port of the printer. In the answering machine set the rings to one more ring. Then connect telephone to the answering machine with the phone cord. After plugging and connecting all the cords power ON the device.
- First open the scanner lid of the 123.hp.com/envy5010 printer and place the document needed to fax upside down.
- Once the paper loaded in the paper tray of HP Envy5010 touch setup menu in the touch screen then Fax Setup and now Fax Setup Utility then touch ok.
- Then in the following prompt touch ok if you want to print confirmation message after sending the fax.
- Next touch ok in the following pages to confirm small image on the fax’s first page and dictated phone number for fax.
- Now enter the number and touch ok and follow the instructions prompted on the screen to done with fax settings and the printer is ready to send the fax.
Automatic Reduction for incoming faxes
- When the printer receives legal size fax but the paper loaded in the tray is letter size the Automatic Reduction for incoming fax setting in the printer reduces the incoming fax.
- If the setting is not enabled the information prints in the second page but the HP envy 5010 detects the incoming file and automatically enables the setting to fit the information in the first page.
- Then in the printer control panel touch Setup and then Fax Setup.
Next Advanced Fax Setup and find Automatic Reduction and select ON. Need more details about the settings, find it on 123.hp.com/envy5010
123.hp.com/envy5010 - Printer-Solutions
- First and foremost use genuine HP ink cartridges order them from 123.hp.com/setup 5010.
- Next check if the ink cartridges have adequate level of ink in it. Inspect any issues with the ink cartridges by removing them and cleaning the carriage and cartridge with soft lint free cotton cloth.
- Then inspect the paper type and the paper settings. Load the paper tray with fresh stack of paper.Keep in mind not to crowd the paper in the tray gently press them inside the tray with the paper guides.
- After adjusting all the settings and print a print quality report and evaluate the result to improve the print quality.
- Still having issues kindly visit 123.hp.com/envy5010 to debug the problem and to find a solution.
Wireless networking issue
- Check if the blue LED is blinking near the Wi-Fi symbol keep the printer and the closer within the range the light may blink for weak signal.
- Restart the wireless network elements. Switch off the router and the 123.hp.com/envy5010 HP printer.
- Then switch ON the router and then printer. Run the Wireless Network Test.
- For that touch right arrow(->) then Setup and then touch Network and click Print Wireless Network Test.Next analyze the report to solve any networking issue.
Slow printing issue
- First check for the depleted cartridge the printer may print but it slowdown the printing time.
- The depletion in the cartridge shows gray scale output if the tricolor one depleted and the black fonts are not darker as before.
- Then set lower print quality i.e. Normalor Draft in the settings of the HP envy 5010 printer since the high quality print i.e.Best and Maximum dpineeds more time to produce the output.
123.hp.com/envy5010 is a third party service and have no tie up with HP products and services. The information related to the HP printer, images and information shared in this website are only for the information purpose. From this website get troubleshooting, setup and software installing information. Having any queries with warranty or trading contact the HP manufacturer.